Your No. 1 Estate Agents in the Midlands - Paul Carr
Surveyors and Valuers

Property Surveyors and Valuers

Your home is your probably your biggest financial asset - get it checked and don't get caught out

Your home is probably your biggest financial asset, so when you buy your dream home it's vital to check its true condition. At Paul Carr Estate Agents we have an independent firm of chartered surveyors West Midlands Surveys based above our Sutton Coldfield Branch. West Midlands Surveys are R.I.C.S. qualified and instructing them will give you peace of mind and could save you thousands of pounds in repairs.


Why do I need to get a survey?

Most banks and building societies carry out a property valuation before they will lend finance. This valuation is for their lending purposes and may not go into the detail that you require. An independent surveyor is working for you. If you are paying cash for a property then a survey is vital. Not all property faults are visible to the untrained eye and a variety of underlying issues often go unnoticed. A surveys is recommended by the Consumers Association and to forgo a survey to save a few hundred pounds could be disastrous.
West Midlands Surveys are trained to identify issues with:

  • Subsidence
  • Structure
  • Drainage
  • Roofing
  • Windows
  • Plumbing
  • Damp
  • Electrics and more


Why do I need to get a survey?

All of our Surveyors are RICS qualified, with a wealth of experience in residential valuations and surveys.

What's more, we ensure that our surveys are completed and returned to you promptly. The reports are presented in a clear, easy to read format and highlight any significant defects or problems that require urgent attention.


I already have a mortgage valuation, do I need a survey?

It's vital to remember that your mortgage valuation solely focuses on ensuring that there are no issues that will affect the security of your loan. It does not assess the condition of a property, so there may still be defects or problems that you are unaware of.

This is why it's vital to ensure you get a comprehensive survey before you buy your next home.


I am paying cash, do I need a survey?

Legally you do not need a survey but it would be foolish not to have one. Buying property is an expensive business but to try and cut costs in this way could cost you thousands of pounds in the long run.


What type of survey will I require?

We offer a range of surveys, designed to meet your exact requirements and our experts will contact you to discuss which survey is best for you. Typically, most people will opt for a Building Survey or a Home Buyer Survey.

A Full Structural Building Survey will give you full details of construction and condition. This will be recommended if the property is unusually built, run down, or if you are planning a major renovation. It will provide a full list of any remedial work that should be undertaken and which would affect the value of the property.

A Home Buyer Survey includes an inspection, report and valuation. It is recommended for properties that appear to be in a reasonable condition, or are of a traditional construction. This type of survey will highlight any issues or defects that may affect the value of the property.

Click here to find out more about the RICS Home Buyer service


How do I arrange a survey?

Complete our online form and we will get back to you



Register with Paul Carr Estate Agents
Book a Valuation